Generac Generator Installation In Houston, TX
What Happens When You Don’t Have A Whole Home
Automatic Backup Generator in Houston, Texas
If you live in Houston, you expect your power to go out during hurricane season, when tropical storms and hurricanes in the Gulf of Mexico make landfall. And, it doesn’t require a direct hit, like Hurricane Hugo in 2017, to see widespread, multi-day power outages.
You only have to think back to May 2020, when the outer bands of Hurricane Hanna knocked out power for more than 380,000 people in the Houston area for 36 hours. Or, just three months later, when Category 4 Hurricane Laura landed in Port Charles, Louisiana, and more than 100,000 Houston area residents lost power for days due to power line damage and grid problems.
The Texas Power Crisis
Living in Houston, you’ve learned how to take hurricanes, summer heat, and even spring’s high-velocity windstorms in stride. But nobody was ready for three back-to-back winter storms that dumped snow, sleet, and ice, and below-freezing temperatures across Texas between February 11-20, 2021, knocking out power for 4.5 million Texas households and taking down almost half of the state’s power generation capacity.
Before it was over, you or someone you know was probably among the 1 million who lost power in Houston. Unless you had stockpiled bottled water, you were out of luck when officials issued a “boil water” safety notice. By February 17th you were likely to be one of the large chunks of Houston households with no power and water, along with businesses, hospitals, and even the county jail.
From Power Crisis To Heat and Water Crisis
The Texas Power Crisis was quickly becoming a disaster in Houston. Bitter cold and impassable roads forced you to hunker down in your home.
To make matters worse, if you lived in Houston/Harris County, you were far more likely to lose electricity and water than anywhere else in Texas. Even if you had a portable gas generator, gas pumps were frozen, and most stations across the area were closed.
When Texas utilities were ordered to cut power with rotating blackouts, Houston had to resort to sending crews out to manually rotate outages from one neighborhood to the next to protect Houston’s power grid from complete failure, or risk leaving you and everyone else without power for weeks or even longer.
If your power was out in Houston, it stayed that way – no heat, no lights, no cooking, no refrigeration, no TV, and likely no drinkable water. Your food, supplies, and hope were probably running low. With cell and internet service down, you had few ways to reach out to a kind-hearted friend or family member with power who could take you in.
Take Power Into Your Own Hands
As you emerged from the Texas Power Crisis, you asked yourself ”How could this disaster happen in Houston, Texas?” But, just a few months later during a mid-June heat wave, 12,000 megawatts of power generation went offline unexpectedly — enough to power 2.4 million homes on a hot summer day.
When officials told you to turn your thermostat up to 78 degrees or once again risk blackouts, you and many of your fellow Texans decided it was time to become truly energy independent — with uninterrupted power from a Canter Power Systems automatic, whole home backup generator.
When You’ve Got a Backup Generator in Houston, Texas
Now, think for just a moment about how your life would change if you never had to worry about being without power in Houston – ever again.
When the power cuts out – in any season and for any reason – with a whole home generator from Canter Power Systems, you’ll be able to relax in the comfort and protection of your own home as your life goes on normally, even if power is out for an extended period.
Whether it’s a heat wave, an ice storm, or just a sunny day blip, your Canter Power installed backup generator turns itself on automatically, just 15 seconds after the power goes off — and it stays on until utility service is restored.
Even if the power goes out while you’re still inching your way home on the Katy Freeway, the 610 Loop, or the Westpark Tollway, you don’t have to worry. Your generator will start up automatically and run everything you count on in your house, just as if you were there.
Imagine this scenario the next time the power goes off in Houston
Whether you live inside the Houston city limits, in nearby Sugarland, or all the way out in Galveston, your lights and power are ON, even if all your neighbors’ homes are dark. You can heat and cool your home, cook, wash dishes and clothes, bathe, charge your phones and computers and keep your refrigerated and frozen food safe.
If you or a loved one count on power to keep medicines cool or operate assistive medical equipment, you’re covered. Your whole family can watch TV, listen to music, read books, play games, and use computers and phones to stay in contact with friends, family, and work.
Instead of rationing candles and flashlights, you can stay up after dark doing what you want and need to do. With a Generac whole home backup generator, you can even select to run only certain appliances during a power outage if you prefer. That choice is 100% up to you.
Our Houston, Texas Clients Enjoy Peace of Mind
When dangerous storms or other power outages happen in Houston, your life can quickly get complicated and stressful.
School, work, and transportation schedules are disrupted. You worry when you lose contact with family and friends — those who count on you, or those you count on — even if it’s just temporary.
It’s at times like this that you really appreciate being in your own home, sleeping in your own bed, eating the food you like, and relaxing with your favorite TV programs, books, and family, not to mention having phone and internet service to keep up with school, work and family.
Keeping up with closings and conditions in and around Houston helps everyone in your household feel more at ease and connected. Your home can also be a haven for extended family, friends, and neighbors who are without power.
The Canter Care Protection Plan Prepares You for Anything
Canter Power generator owners in Houston will tell you about the peace of mind that comes with knowing they will never have to suffer through an unexpected or prolonged power loss again.
Thanks to the Canter Care Protection Plan’s 24/7 remote monitoring and automatic maintenance, you know that you are always ready for anything. You can plan ahead by stocking up on food and supplies whenever it’s convenient for you because you know that you’ll be comfortable and safe in your own home when a power outage occurs.
When the Power Goes Off, Your Life Can Go On SM
Securing Your Whole Home Generator
Installation day is an exciting time for our customers! When our crew arrives with their new Generac standby generator, they know that they will no longer need to worry about random or severe power outages. We just wish we could be there to see the smile on your face the first time your automatic generator turns on.
Here’s How to Get Started with Your Whole Home Generator
1. Set up an appointment for your free estimate with our knowledgeable Generac generator Houston specialists. They are available for in-home or remote consultations. Your specialist will assess site conditions, provide clear project details and a materials list, and financing options. At the end, you’ll have everything you need to make a power-full decision.
2. On average, the cost for our white glove Generac generator installation and monitoring is $15,000 with the exception of double generators, service upgrades, or unusual circumstances. Your assigned specialist will help you find the perfect fit generator for you and your family. There are also financing options and payment plans available.
3. After signing the contract, the Canter team gets to work! Our check list includes over 100 items that we take care of for you, including permits, utility coordination, inspecting, and start-up. Everything is expertly handled to get your generator running in 45-60 days so that you can rest assured and be power full. Learn more about what to expect from Canter Power.
Contact Canter Power Systems NOW and avoid “roughing it” indoors.
Why Choose Canter Power Systems For Your Home Generator
in Houston, Texas
It’s important to make the best choices when it comes to protecting your family and your home when bad weather strikes Houston.
Here’s why Canter stands apart from the competition:
- Recognized and awarded #1 Retail Installer of the Year for the entire U.S. by Generac (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
- We’ve provided both commercial and residential electrical services in the Southeastern U.S. since 1948. That’s more than 70 years!
- We offer customized home generator systems to fit your specific needs and budget
Will manage the entire process from start to finish:
- FREE in-home estimate (contactless, if desired)
- Match the appropriate standby generator system for your home
- Coordinate entire home generator installation and connection
- Perform installation with both electrical and gas connections, all required municipal permits and inspections, necessary testing, official start-up certification, and complete ongoing home generator support and service
Canter Power Systems Stands Apart
Choose Canter Power Systems for your whole house generator installation, and you’ll understand what sets us apart from the competition.
- We’re the largest automatic backup residential power generator installer and Generac dealer in the US for whole house generators.
- Generac Power Pro Premier Dealer in the North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi service areas.
- Exclusive automatic backup residential power generator installer for over 700 Home Depot stores in North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Georgia, most of Florida and Texas, plus sells and services the states of Oklahoma, Tennessee, Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi.
- Can customize a home generator system to fit your specific needs and budget.
- Is the authorized automatic backup power generator provider and installer for the Piedmont Natural Gas.
From the moment you become a Canter Power Systems customer, the Peace of Mind Protection Plan guarantees you never have to worry about losing power again.
Always a Free Consultation
Contact us today for your no cost and no obligation consultation with a Canter Power Systems generator specialist and technical services advisors. We offer both in-home and virtual consultations.