Generator Installation In Dallas, TX
Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
What Happens When You Don’t Have A Whole Home
Automatic Backup Generator in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas?
The saying “If you don’t like the weather in Texas, just wait five minutes” was created with Dallas-Fort Worth in mind. The climate is characterized as “hot summers and mild winters.” But if you live here, you know that this covers a wide range of temperatures and types of weather, from sublime to downright scary.
Do we have blisteringly hot weather? YES! Single-digit winter temperatures? YES. Thunderstorms, rain, and hail? THOSE TOO.
If you live here you know that summer temperatures in North Texas are frequently over 100 degrees, with dangerous heat waves that strain the power grid and exacerbate health problems. In spring temperatures are mild, but weather can get volatile fast when cool northern fronts tangle with warm air from the Gulf of Mexico.
If you live anywhere in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, you’ve learned to expect — and prepare for — severe thunderstorms in spring that come with lightning, rain, hail, and power outages.
Prepare Your Family for the Next Power Crisis
In winter, single-digit temperatures and periods of freezing rain or a dusting of snow aren’t unusual in Dallas-Fort Worth — but neither are daytime highs in the 60s. Winter storms rarely last more than a few days and widespread and extended winter power outages are usually a once-in-a-decade problem.
But that changed in February 2021 when back-to-back winter storms brought single-digit temperatures, snow, sleet, and ice to Texas, leaving almost 5 million Texans in the dark and knocking out 50% of the state’s power generation capacity. Before it was over, you or someone you know was probably among the 1.1 million who lost power and water in Dallas-Fort Worth.
Over the course of ten days, two waves of sleet and ice were interrupted only by a snow storm that dumped 4” of snow. Starting with a 133-vehicle pileup on Interstate 35W and minus 2-degree temperatures (breaking a 72-year-record), you knew we were in for rough sledding.
The situation became much more difficult when ERCOT ordered the power company to dramatically reduce usage with rolling blackouts to prevent the Texas power grid from total failure. Under these conditions, If your power was out in Dallas-Fort Worth, it stayed out for days — or even a week.
That meant no heat, no lights, no indoor cooking, no refrigeration, no TV, and for many, no drinkable or even running water. Your food, supplies, and hope were probably running low by the end of the week. Cell and internet service was disrupted, so you had few ways to reach out to kind-hearted friends or a family member with power who could take you in.
From Power Crisis to Water and Heat Crisis
The power crisis quickly became a serious water crisis. Pipes froze and burst in Dallas-Fort Worth homes and businesses. Power outages within the water system contributed to plummeting water pressure.
Millions across Texas were advised to boil water before consuming it, including many in Fort Worth and the nearby towns it supplies. Without power, boiling water wasn’t easy. Unless you had stockpiled bottled water, you were out of luck.
As you emerged from the Texas Power Crisis, you asked yourself “How could this disaster happen in Texas?” But, just a few months later during a mid-June heat wave, 12,000 megawatts of power generation went offline unexpectedly — enough to power 2.4 million homes on a hot summer day.
When officials told you to turn your thermostat up to 78 degrees or once again risk blackouts, you and many of your fellow Texans decided it was time to become truly energy independent — with uninterrupted power from a Canter Power Systems automatic, whole home backup generator.
When You’ve Got a Backup Generator in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas
Now, think for just a moment about how your life would change if you never had to worry about being without power in Dallas-Fort Worth – ever again.
When the power goes out – in any season and for any reason – with a whole home generator from Canter Power Systems, you’ll be able to relax in the comfort and protection of your own home as your life goes on normally, even if power is out for an extended period.
Whether it’s a heat wave, an ice storm, or just a sunny day blip, your backup generator for home turns itself on automatically, within a few seconds after the power goes off — and it stays on until utility service is restored.
Even if the power goes out while you’re still inching your way home on the Woodall Rodgers Freeway, I-35, or the LBJ, you don’t have to worry. Your Generac standby generator will start up automatically and run everything you count on in your house, just as if you were there.
Imagine this scenario the next time the power goes off in Dallas-Fort Worth
Whether you live inside the Dallas or Fort Worth city limits, or in Dallas or Tarrant County, your lights and power are ON, even if all your neighbors’ homes are dark. You can heat and cool your home, cook, wash dishes and clothes, bathe, charge your phones and computers and keep your refrigerated and frozen food safe.
And, if you or your loved ones count on power to keep medicines cool or operate assistive medical equipment, you’re covered. Your whole family can watch TV, listen to music, read books, play games, and use computers and phones to stay in contact with friends, family, and work.
Instead of rationing candles and flashlights, you can stay up after dark doing what you want and need to do. With a Generac generator, you can even select to run only certain appliances during a power outage if you prefer. That choice is 100% up to you.
Our Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas Clients Enjoy Peace of Mind
When dangerous storms or other power outages happen anywhere in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, your life can quickly get complicated and stressful.
School, work, and transportation schedules are disrupted. You worry when you lose contact with family and friends — those who count on you, or those you count on — even if it’s just temporary.
It’s at times like this that you really appreciate being in your own home, sleeping in your own bed, eating the food you like, and relaxing with your favorite TV programs, books, and family, not to mention having phone and internet service to keep up with school, work, and friends.
Keeping up with closings and conditions in and around Dallas and Fort Worth helps everyone in your household feel more at ease and connected. And, with your automatic whole house generator, your home can be a haven for extended family, friends, and neighbors who are without power.
The Canter Protection Prepares You for Anything
Canter Power generator owners in Dallas-Fort Worth will tell you about the peace of mind that comes with knowing they will never have to suffer through an unexpected or prolonged power loss again.
Thanks to the Canter Care Protection Plan’s 24/7 remote monitoring and automatic maintenance, you know that you are always ready for anything. You can plan ahead by stocking up on food and supplies whenever it’s convenient for you because you know that you’ll be comfortable and safe in your own home when a power outage occurs.
When the Power Goes Off, Your Life Can Go On SM
Securing Your Whole Home Generator
Installation day is an exciting time for our customers! When our crew arrives with their new Generac generator, they know that they will no longer need to worry about random or severe power outages. We just wish we could be there to see the smile on your face the first time your automatic generator turns on.
Here’s How to Get Started with Your Whole Home Generator
1. Set up an appointment for your free estimate with our knowledgeable generator specialists. They are available for in-home or remote consultations. Your specialist will assess site conditions, provide clear project details and a materials list, and financing options. At the end, you’ll have everything you need to make a power-full decision.
2. On average, the cost for our white Generac glove generator installation and monitoring is $15,000 with the exception of double generators, service upgrades, or unusual circumstances. Your assigned specialist will help you find the perfect fit generator for you and your family. There are also financing options and payment plans available.
3. After signing the contract, the Canter team gets to work! Our check list includes over 100 items that we take care of for you, including permits, utility coordination, inspecting, and start-up. Everything is expertly handled to get your generator running in 45-60 days so that you can rest assured and be power full. Learn more about what to expect from Canter Power.
Contact Canter Power Systems NOW and avoid “roughing it” indoors.
Why Choose Canter Power Systems For Your Home Generator
in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas
It’s important to make the best choices when it comes to protecting your family and your home when bad weather strikes Dallas-Fort Worth.
Here’s why Canter stands apart from the competition:
- Recognized and awarded #1 Retail Installer of the Year for the entire U.S. by Generac (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
- We’ve provided both commercial and residential electrical services in the Southeastern U.S. since 1948. That’s more than 70 years!
- We offer customized home generator systems to fit your specific needs and budget
Will manage the entire process from start to finish:
- FREE in-home estimate (contactless, if desired)
- Match the appropriate standby generator system for your home
- Coordinate entire home Generac generator installation and connection
- Perform installation with both electrical and gas connections, all required municipal permits and inspections, necessary testing, official start-up certification, and complete ongoing home generator support and service
Canter Power Systems Stands Apart
There are numerous reasons why Canter Power Systems is the top choice for generator installation in Dallas, TX.
- We’re the largest automatic backup residential power generator installer and Generac dealer in the US for whole house generators.
- Generac Power Pro Premier Dealer in the North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi service areas.
- Exclusive automatic backup residential power generator installer for over 700 Home Depot stores in North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Georgia, most of Florida and Texas, plus sells and services the states of Oklahoma, Tennessee, Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi.
- Can customize a home generator system to fit your specific needs and budget.
- Is the authorized automatic backup power generator provider and installer for the Piedmont Natural Gas.
From the moment you become a Canter Power Systems customer, the Peace of Mind Protection Plan guarantees you never have to worry about losing power again.
Always a Free Consultation
Contact us today for your no cost and no obligation consultation with a Canter Power Systems generator specialist and technical services advisors. We offer both in-home and virtual consultations.